Considerations during website migration and domain change

lopamudra_Chakr
Level 2

Considerations during website migration and domain change

Hello

I would like some assistance in understanding all considerations and best practices that we need to account for as we go through a website domain migration.

We have used Marketo primarily on www.passageways.com and have a new website active www.onsembleintranet.com. In the coming months we will have another website bringing the total websites on this instance of Marketo at 3. What will this entail?

1. 3 Websites
  2. 3 email domains
  3. 3 Brands
  4. 2 Teams
  5. 3 Regions

I would like to understand what we need to account for through this transformation on the following accounts. Also what else is there that I am not thinking of?

1. Installing Websites into Marketo?
  2. Best Practices for Databases?
  3. Best Practices for Subscription Centers?
  4. Implications on current lead scoring?
  5. Email Deliverability testing for all 3 domains?
  6. Design Studio Considerations for all 3 brands
  7. Testing and QA of Staging websites before brand launch.

Hoping that someone can help me piece together the various aspects of this project, what questions to ask etc.
    Regards
    Lopa
4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Considerations during website migration and domain change

Some answers will depend on whether you have a traditional shared instance, or if you have other add-ons such as dedicated IP(s), branded envelope sender(s), or both.

lopamudra_Chakr
Level 2

We have only one instance of Marketo and intent to stick with only one instance of Marketo. Does that help?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not exactly, I assume you have one instance but the question is: it a traditional shared instance, or do you have a dedicated IP or the other accoutrements like branded envelope — which complicate the setup.

lopamudra_Chakr
Level 2

Ok.. Could you please elaborate on your question? what do you mean by traditional shared instance (shared instance of what?), etc?
I am not a very technical person and I am trying to piece together all consideration we need to be thinking about etc etc. Please do bear with me.