SOLVED

Re: Completing one stream then moving onto the next stream in the same nurture

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Completing one stream then moving onto the next stream in the same nurture

Hello,

I have a question about different streams within nurtures:

If I have 6 completely different emails to send and I split them into 2 different nurture streams (with 3 different ones in each stream) within the same engagement program, could I use a smart campaign to set it up so that once they've completed the first stream they then move onto the 2nd stream? So they'd then get 6 emails over 6 weeks (assuming they're receiving one a week).

Or am I just better off creating 2 completely different Engagement Programs with 3 different emails in each Engagement program

Thanks

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Yes you can, though not sure why splitting them into two streams is even necessary. You could just put all 6 emails in one stream and set up a cadence for the leads to get one email each week for 6 weeks.

If you really want to use two streams, however, you don't need a smart campaign to ensure that the leads are pulled into the 2nd stream once they exhaust the first stream. You can go into the engagement program, click on your 2nd stream, and edit the "Transition Rules".

Example of Transition Rule might be:

Smart List - Email is Delivered __________ (could chose the last email in the first stream that the leads will receive)

Flow - Change Engagement Program Stream (this should already be done by default by Marketo)

I'm sure there are other ways you can pull the leads into the 2nd stream, but that should work. Let me know if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Yes you can, though not sure why splitting them into two streams is even necessary. You could just put all 6 emails in one stream and set up a cadence for the leads to get one email each week for 6 weeks.

If you really want to use two streams, however, you don't need a smart campaign to ensure that the leads are pulled into the 2nd stream once they exhaust the first stream. You can go into the engagement program, click on your 2nd stream, and edit the "Transition Rules".

Example of Transition Rule might be:

Smart List - Email is Delivered __________ (could chose the last email in the first stream that the leads will receive)

Flow - Change Engagement Program Stream (this should already be done by default by Marketo)

I'm sure there are other ways you can pull the leads into the 2nd stream, but that should work. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

I'm moving this question to Products and Support​ where all of our product related questions live. Community Help and Feedback​ is for specific Community 'how to' questions.

thanks!