SOLVED

Re: Company Name Help

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Company Name Help

Is it possible to merge company information?  We are a higher ed institution and work with various high schools.  The data entry has been muddied as we have collected leads from various sources.  We have a variation of "Company" names that read similarly - i.e. Bangor HS, Bangor High School, Bangor.  

How can I change this to make it uniform so that we can run clean reports in Salesforce? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! 

Go into your smart list ( or static) and click the Leads Tab > Select ALL > Lead Actions > Marketing > Change Data Value 

here you have the options! So click ADD choice... 

Select " IF "Company Name Field" IS (select all the variations ( or type them in on each line)) Then attribute "company" to Change all the variations to (new Value) 

I wouldent worry about the rest as it will do nothing if it dosnt match your Search Criteria. 

I use this with State Variations like Mi, Michigan, Mich. To a standard value πŸ™‚ 

Side Note: If you sort by Assending you can just highlight the ones you want to effect ( ctrl shift will let you select everything between 2 leads; typicly they're all grouped togeather) and then juust click > Lead actions > Marketing > change data Value > and pick the field you want to effect and enter the new value. this will change only those leads and you dont have to go though the "if maching" filter. But either way will do what you want it to πŸ™‚ 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! 

Go into your smart list ( or static) and click the Leads Tab > Select ALL > Lead Actions > Marketing > Change Data Value 

here you have the options! So click ADD choice... 

Select " IF "Company Name Field" IS (select all the variations ( or type them in on each line)) Then attribute "company" to Change all the variations to (new Value) 

I wouldent worry about the rest as it will do nothing if it dosnt match your Search Criteria. 

I use this with State Variations like Mi, Michigan, Mich. To a standard value πŸ™‚ 

Side Note: If you sort by Assending you can just highlight the ones you want to effect ( ctrl shift will let you select everything between 2 leads; typicly they're all grouped togeather) and then juust click > Lead actions > Marketing > change data Value > and pick the field you want to effect and enter the new value. this will change only those leads and you dont have to go though the "if maching" filter. But either way will do what you want it to πŸ™‚ 

Hope this helps! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! 
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're Welcome πŸ™‚