Communication Preferences Center

Anonymous
Not applicable

Communication Preferences Center

Hi there, reaching out to the community for a few specific questions regarding a communication preferences center.

We have previously had a standard email unsubscribe page, but are moving towards a comprehensive preferences center that allows prospects to opt in or out of various types of communications based on topic, media, etc.

These preferences break out into several categories, and we want users to be able to save partial settings throughout the landing page, so for each type of communication preference, there is a form. This ends up with multiple forms on one page, with the post-form confirmation page being the preference center landing page (no follow-up page, remain on the same page.)

This introduces some UX issues. For each form, all contained fields are checkboxes or radio buttons with default checked/selected values. The submit button says "Save Settings" for each and "Saving Settings" while the form is submitting.

When someone updates any section of this landing page, post-submit the checkboxes revert to the default values, making them look like the settings were not saved. Also, I would like the fields to display to each known user with their own current values, rather than just the defaults.

How do we ensure that the user is seeing their updated preferences when visiting the landing page, eliminating confusion?

Is there a better way to do this?

I also want to institute a page that presents a user's current preferences via tokens, but that page would be separate from this landing page and I don't want the user to have to constantly navigate back and forth between the two.

Any insight or alternate suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Communication Preferences Center

Kim,

Why can't you have a single form on this page?

What I usually do is allow the Form to display the current values and tell the user that. Then the TY page confirms the new settings with a button to go back to the form. Some jquery is needed to make this work right.