SOLVED

Communication limits set to 0 for 1 day

Go to solution
HarvinderKaur
Level 1

Communication limits set to 0 for 1 day

Hi,

I was looking out for an option to cease all email communications from Marketo for a day (eg- On a global holiday) and then restoring the communication limits to normal again,  by setting the communication limits to "0" per day and then going back after a day and changing it to my regular limits.

I am assuming it will stop all my emails going out for that particular day ,when my communication limit is set to "0".

Has any one tried it before, does it has any underline impact?

Thanks,

Harvinder Kaur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Abhinav_saini
Level 3

Re: Communication limits set to 0 for 1 day

Hi,

As per my knowledge you cannot set communication limit to 0 in Marketo as minimum value required is 1.

Just make sure not to run any batch campaign, email program and nurture program if you don't want to send any email for one day. 

Abhinav Saini

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Abhinav_saini
Level 3

Hi,

As per my knowledge you cannot set communication limit to 0 in Marketo as minimum value required is 1.

Just make sure not to run any batch campaign, email program and nurture program if you don't want to send any email for one day. 

Abhinav Saini
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would do a couple things:

- Make sure you don't have any batch emails scheduled that day

- Turn off your Engagement nurtures on the bank holiday and turn them back on the next day

- Hmm...trying to think how this would work if you have any drip emails that are not Engagement program

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
HarvinderKaur
Level 1

Thanks Abhinav and Amy.

We had hundreds of campaigns scheduled for different categories : Batch/Engagement/Drip/Trigger. Stopping them manually one by one and then scheduling them again is bit tedious. So thought of a main switch that can help do it.

Seems like Marketo currently doesn't have that feature. 😞