SOLVED

Re: Communication Limit defaults are ignored - Is this expected behavior?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Communication Limit defaults are ignored - Is this expected behavior?

I just commented in a related idea here: https://nation.marketo.com/ideas/7334#comment-23976 - but wanted to make a new one, as those screenshots are gone and the thread is old. This is baffling to me and wanted to open it up to comments from the nation.

Question: In the Admin area, what is the expected behavior of the Communication Limits checkbox "Default behavior if a lead is over communication limits"? How is this supposed to be used?

Explanation: We temporarily set our admin email rules to ignore communication limits because we had an important companywide email going out. However, the settings on the program were set to override that setting by default. Our associate missed that and a bunch of people therefore did not get the email.

To clarify:

1. In admin, under "Default behavior if a lead is over communication limits", Uncheck "Block non-operational emails". What I would now expect is that any non-operational email would be delivered to all recipients regardless of communication limits. In essence, this is a systemwide setting that determines whether or not we are using communication limits.

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 11.02.56 AM.png

2. Create a new non-operational email program. The email will be set by default to block the email for recipients who have reached their communication limits. This is in direct conflict with the systemwide administrative setting.

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 11.03.12 AM.png

What is the purpose of a systemwide default if it is not actually setting the default for anything? What am I missing here?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ryan,

AFAIK, this currently only works for smart campaigns, not for email programs.

And I agree with you, this is not the expected behavior.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ryan,

AFAIK, this currently only works for smart campaigns, not for email programs.

And I agree with you, this is not the expected behavior.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, very interesting. Certainly seems like an oversight. Thanks Greg.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ryan,

You may want to enter an idea on this, as the point you are raising is different from Elise's (she would like the global setting to be enforced, not matter what, while you just say the default should be the same.

-Greg