Collapsible and expandable sections Landing Page

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

Collapsible and expandable sections Landing Page

Hi there,

Would anyone know if it is possible to create collapsible (and thus expandable) sections on a landing page?

We're in the midst of creating a new preference center, and the page is becoming rather long. Our page would become much friendlier if we could choose to collapse / expand certain sections.

I haven't found anything yet in the Marketo Community, so I'm hoping that someone has a solution!

Thank you!

Regards,

Tom

10 REPLIES 10
Akshay_Pant
Level 5

Re: Collapsible and expandable sections Landing Page

Hi Tom Liolios​,

Can you please share the preview URL of the Landing Page.

Thanks & Regards

Akshay Pant

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

Hi Akshay,

I do not have a page for you right now. We're still busy building the form and its logic.

I assume it should not really matter on which page we apply collapsible / expandable sections. I just would like to know if it is possible on the first place in Marketo, and how we should go about this on our landing pages.

Thank you,

Tom

Mark_Price
Level 7

Hi Tom,

Is this what you mean by 'collapsible sections' ?  Marketo users can turn parts of the page on or off:

9ISzdJ6BLN.gif

If so, this is done with 'Guided Landing Pages' and some code:

Understanding Elements and Variables in Guided Templates - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Alternatively, If you are talking about a slide down or way for a visitor to click and then see more info, that would be just javascript / jquery

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

Hi Mark,

I'm referring to a way for visitors to click 'see more' and then an extra section slides down.

Good to know that we could make that happen with some development work. I haven't seen it used on a Marketo landing page thus far, so I was curious if anyone had a simple solution.

Thanks,

Tom

Mark_Price
Level 7

Definitely possible!   Just some jquery / javascript.

jquery slide down could potentially do it with just a little code and there should be plenty of standard examples to use.

If you get stuck or need more details, post the page in the thread. 

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Tom Liolios​,

As Mark said above this is easily possible with some jquery or javascript.  Do you know if your landing pages are built using a framework? This is out of the box functionality with many frameworks like "Bootstrap".  It may add a little bit of bloat to your code using a framework but the designer should be able to have workarounds for this (It's not even a huge deal anyway).

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I'd really re-consider this on a subs management page. What if the person doesn't realize there is more and just submits? What if they accidentally subscribe or unsubscribe from a topic?

Raven_McFarlan1
Level 3

Hey Tom! Are you attending the NL user group session in den bosch next week? I would love to hear what you guys are doing design/set up wise as we are also working on making our subscription process smoother

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

Hi Raven,

I am unfortunately not attending. But 2 of my colleagues Joachim van 't Wout​ & Lisa de Rooij​ are joining!

Updating our overall preference center process is high on our agenda. Would love to catch up on this topic

Feel also free to reach out via email to either Joachim, Lisa or I.