Closed Lost Feedback Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed Lost Feedback Campaign

I'd like to create a campaign that will send an email to leads once their account has been 'closed-lost' in SFDC, requesting their feedback on the process and why they chose not to go ahead.

I've created similar campaigns before but am having trouble with the trigger for this one.  I tried to use the 'Opportunity is Updated' trigger with the trigger attribute as 'Stage' and New Value as 'Closed - Lost' but when I test it, it doesn't work.

I've also tried the 'Data Value Changes' trigger with the attribute 'Stage' and even without specifying 'Closed Lost' this doesn't work either. We've double checked and the Stage field is definitely correctly mapped to SFDC.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Closed Lost Feedback Campaign

Did you test this with a batch flow? I've been having some issues with the Opp filters that Marketo Engineering is looking at.

But there's no need to make this a trigger because you're likely to annoy the prospect so quickly after they get off the phone with Sales.

Are you checking the lead log to see if the data is properly registering? Did you try other field constraints?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed Lost Feedback Campaign

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your response!

I haven't tried it as a batch but that's something to consider. How would you go about doing it? If it was a trigger I would just pop a 'wait' flow action as the first step so that prospects don't receive the email until a week later (we do this with another campaign and it works quite well).

It appears that no data registers at all - nothing in the Results tab and nothing in the Activity Log for the lead. We have had quite a few issues with getting Marketo to correctly pull data from any Opp fields. We tried using the Probability and 'Is closed' constraints as well.