Cloning templates and redirecting existing ones to the new template

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cloning templates and redirecting existing ones to the new template

Hi,

I have only one template for all my PPC landing pages and thank you pages. I want to create a new template only for my thank you pages and redirect all my existing 400+ thank you pages to the new template. Is there any way I can do this quickly in stead of cloning every thank you page and redirect it to the new template?

Thanks!
Jeanine
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cloning templates and redirecting existing ones to the new template

If you are an admin, you can use the redirect feature. Although you'll still have to plug in every link, it will be a bit faster. Under admin, click "landing pages", then click on the "rules" tab. Select "new redirect rule." You can plug in all the landing page links, and redirect them to the new landing pages. Should be a lot quicker than cloning!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kristen! Does it apply to switching all thank you pages to a newly created template? So "Original URL" I should put in my old thank you page URLs, and what should I put in as "Redirect URL"?  

Thanks,
Jeanine
Anonymous
Not applicable

The redirect URL should be the URL of your NEW thank you pages. The "old" URL should be the URLs of the thank you landing pages that are currently being used.

Essentially what this is doing is saying, when they populate this URL, instead direct them to this page (your new page). 

Are these ongoing campaigns, or just old campaigns that require housekeeping?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are all ongoing campaigns. The purpose of seperating the template for landing pages and thank you pages is to track and analyze form completion rate. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood. In that case, I would go into the form (or wherever you have them going to the thank you page) and simply update the link with the new thank you page link. The redirect still works in this case, but if it's ongoing it may be better to update the program as a whole instead of piece meal through the redirects. I tend to use redirects for my old campaigns. You could also start with the redirects to get everything going, then go through the ongoing campaigns and slowly update them with the new URL. You shouldn't lose any conversion metrics.