SOLVED

Clicks link in email confusion

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clicks link in email confusion

I was looking through a lead's activity log and noticed he recently clicked a link in one of our emails (which was a link to a landing page), but there was no activity of "visit webpage" in his activity log. I'm confused because if he clicked a link to go to a landing page then why isn't there an activity that identifies he visited the webpage? Anyone have any idea?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clicks link in email confusion

Also could have left the page before the cookie loaded, could have had JS turned off on the browser...any number of technical issues.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there munchkin on your landing pages? Sometimes my designer accidentially removes it, which makes it impossible to track.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also could have left the page before the cookie loaded, could have had JS turned off on the browser...any number of technical issues.
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Jason mentioned, there are a number of potential technical reasons.

For example, if the user is using a browser extension like Adblock or Ghostery, this will block Marketo's Munchkin tracking code from loading. As a result, "visit webpage" will not show up in the activity log for the user. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely have the munchkin tracking code on the page b/c some lead's did have the "visit webpage" activity in their activity log. It must be one of the technical reasons listed above. Thanks everyone for your help!