SOLVED

Re: Cleaning up Person Source

Go to solution
MAASH
Level 1

Cleaning up Person Source

We recently implemented Marketo and left the Person Source data management program inactive while waiting to also implement a new CRM system (we didn't have one before). My question is this: Is the reason for having batch and trigger to schedule a one-time fix for historical with the batch and then activate the trigger for all new sources?  

We are now configuring SugarCRM and we want to clean up. To date, we have used Person Source in a few forms, but we understand that should also stop going forward. I've read the other articles, but I didn't see one covering the batch campaigns. Lessons learned appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MAASH_0-1638990826126.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edward_Rumsey
Level 3

Hi,

Yes, the batch is for a historical back-update of the person score whilst trigger will deal with any new persons scores. Once the batch has run it will be made obsolete in needing to be run again due to the constant progress of the trigger.

Best,
Edward Rumsey

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Edward_Rumsey
Level 3

Hi,

Yes, the batch is for a historical back-update of the person score whilst trigger will deal with any new persons scores. Once the batch has run it will be made obsolete in needing to be run again due to the constant progress of the trigger.

Best,
Edward Rumsey
Abhinav_saini
Level 3

Hi,

You can run the batch campaign with condition "If person source is empty -> update the person source" and you can activate the triggers to update person source for new leads parallelly. 

Abhinav Saini