SOLVED

Re: Checkboxes on forms - CASL compliant approach

Go to solution
Ande_Kempf4
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Checkboxes on forms - CASL compliant approach

I'm trying to update my forms to contain a CASL compliant opt-in. However, when you add in a checkbox field on a form the checkbox displays on the left instead of the right and on my LPs that means the checkbox actually appears underneath the field question: I wanted the checkbox on the left because it looks better and is easier to read:

pastedImage_1.png

So I followed the steps here provided by : https://nation.marketo.com/message/131528 and made the change:

pastedImage_0.png

But now the field is not updating as I thought it would. Meaning, if the checkbox is left blank after a form submission the newsletter opt-in field does not become FALSE/unchecked on the lead record and vice-versa. I have tried changing the "Stored Value" to "True, Yes, and 1". But with each test submission, I come back without a changed email opt-in.

pastedImage_2.png

Let me know if you know why this is happening!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I ran a test of the checkboxes method and it work perfectly well if the field stored is yes, 1 or true.

The problem is elsewhere. Starting with: it is a boolean field ?

-Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ande,

Can you show how the field is set up in the form?

-Greg

David_Gaible
Level 7

I had a similar problem - I had the field type set up as 'Checkbox' rather than 'Checkboxes'. That fixed it for me! Hope it might work for you.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I ran a test of the checkboxes method and it work perfectly well if the field stored is yes, 1 or true.

The problem is elsewhere. Starting with: it is a boolean field ?

-Greg

Ande_Kempf4
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

HI Greg -  it is a boolean field. I went ahead and ran a test on a separate form and it worked fine.

Manish_Khemani1
Level 3

Hi Ande,

How did you manage to hyper link 'Privacy Policy' from within the 'Display Value' of the Edit Values option?

I tried and it does not allow me to hyper link.

Could you please help me on this?

Regards,

Manish

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try using "Checkboxes" instead of "checkbox" in the field type and add the "sign up text" among the values