SOLVED

Changing the Salesforce User for Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing the Salesforce User for Marketo

Hi - I'm getting ready to do my initial SFDC / Marketo Sync.  In the past, when I've implemented Marketo, I've been able to have a dedicated SFDC user for the system. This time, I'm going to be using my own SFDC ID (which I know isn't the preferred method). My question is this... Later, if the company wants to create a dedicated Marketo user within SFDC, can I change to that user?  Or would it make more sense just to get a different SFDC ID for me and change the "name" on the synch account to be Marketo

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changing the Salesforce User for Marketo

Hi Jocelyn,

In general, Marketo doesn't recommend this. However, as long as the new user has all of the same permissions and record access as the old one, it should be ok (note how I say "should", not "will"). Be careful to make sure it has the same profile, and that it's place in the role heirarchy and sharing rules gives it the same record access.

Grant

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jocelyn,

In general, Marketo doesn't recommend this. However, as long as the new user has all of the same permissions and record access as the old one, it should be ok (note how I say "should", not "will"). Be careful to make sure it has the same profile, and that it's place in the role heirarchy and sharing rules gives it the same record access.

Grant

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Grant!  I think if we get an additional user, I'll just make a new one for me and leave the synch user alone