Changing score by negative scoring

Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Changing score by negative scoring

A smart campaign qualifies people if the score changes to more than 99

Some records qualify for this smart campaign when their score is decreased by 25

We realize that even if the score change by "-25", it still qualifies for Score is Changed, and because the total score after "-25" is still above 99, they qualify for this smart campaign which MQLs people.

Hence, we try to apply the Change Constraint. It doesn't work.

Balkar_Singh_1-1710993868548.png

So we resort to the option to define Previous Value, New Value, Data Value Changes - it works.

Balkar_Singh_0-1710993854167.png

This whole thing looks pretty volatile - is there anything similar you have experienced before, or if there is a better way to resolve this?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Changing score by negative scoring

Yeah, this is a tricky one. First thing to realize is that if you have your scoring program nicely tokenized, the value stamped in the score change activity is actually the token and not the absolute value. So maybe it works if you insert the token rather than the -25. I haven't actually tested that I realize.

If you have multiple different negative scores I do have a little work around, but it is equally volatile really. Whenever a negative score is applied I put the person temporarily on a static list and remove them again after an hour. That way processes responding to the score change can exclude people on the static list.

Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Changing score by negative scoring

@Balkar_Singh Do you have a Score range? Or can it keep rising uncapped?

For example we manage ours between 0-100 with 80+ being considered MQL threshold.

Positive and negative scores for demographic & behaviour.

We clip scores so the maximum will always be 100, and then reset if the lead is recycled (retaining demographic score).

Then we have a 60  day 'hold' to stop leads reaching MQL status (score80+) again too quickly.

Not sure if this is applicable in your scoring model?