SOLVED

Changing lead record through an Alert

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing lead record through an Alert

Is there a way to modify a lead record through an Alert email? I want to enable my Inside Sales team to essentially pause a prospect's lead nurture by clicking on a link in an Alert email.

Anyone know a way to do this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changing lead record through an Alert

Ya but you need to either use a direct Salesforce REST or  via a web service using Marketo SOAP api's

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see a way to do this in an alert email: you'd need to use a smart campaign or a token, but these both have limiting factors.

One workaround: set up Sales Insight campaigns to pause the lead nurture.  In the Alert email, add specific instructions, with screenshots, to explain how to pause the nurture.

This will require two clicks for the salesperson, not one, but you can implement it today.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our sales members rarely go into Marketo directly, so we have a link to the Lead / Contact record in our Alert emails.  In the Sales Insight section of the SFDC record, they can choose "Add to Marketo Campaign" and choose the "Enable Marketing Suspend - 1 Month" smart campaign.  They can also choose "Disable Marketing Suspend" if they want to enable marketing emails prior to the 1 month period's end.  The smart campaign also sends them a reminder email the day before the suspend ends, in case they want to reinvoke the suspend.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya but you need to either use a direct Salesforce REST or  via a web service using Marketo SOAP api's
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it be simpler if Marketo Smart campaign could be triggered by a webhook that only needed the lead's id? 

I have started an idea with that idea: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000IjGZAA0 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see why not.
- In the alert email you create a button or link that says "Remove from Nurture"
- Create a list called "Do not nurture"
- Create a smart campaign trigger that basically does: Clicks "Remove from Nurture" link = Add to "Do not nurture" list or remove from "Nurture name" flow
- Now in the Nurture program's smartlist you can add Member in List not in "Do not Nurture"

this should work
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ben thats what I had in mind too, but the issue is the smart campaign trigger looks for a lead to click on a link, not the salesperson.  Are clicked links in Alerts tracked?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see. Is there a condition that the lead fulfills to trigger a "Remove from Nurture" alert? Like points dropping or non-activity?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback guys.

From my experience trying to do this, the problem is that an Alert does not behave like a normal email. When a salesperson clicks a link in the email, it does not behave like the lead is clicking the link in the email (which is what I think I need in order to accomplish what I'm trying to do).

Eric, can you elaborate on how those two solutions work or where I can get more information?