Changing first cast cadence date - implications?

Michell_Bauer
Level 2

Changing first cast cadence date - implications?

I have a drip stream engagement program with a series of emails. The first email was sent out. Then management wanted me to increase the audience size which I did. They want me to send emails again this week, but I currently have my stream set up to go out on the 8th of every month.

If I change my Stream Cadence for the FIRST CAST from MARCH 8, to MARCH 23; will everyone who already received the first email receive it again? Or will the system know the first email went out March 8 to select people?

I am trying to send out the first email this week only to people who were just added to the program. I understand people who already got the 1st email will get the 2nd one, that is fine, but how can I change the stream cadence to a particular date and time without messing up its understanding that some people already got the 1st email.

Please let me know how I can clarify if needed. I'd appreciate any assistance on this matter.

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Changing first cast cadence date - implications?

Hi Michell,

• Rule #1: no lead will receive the same email ("same email" meaning "same email ID") twice in the same engagement program, whatever you do.
  • Rule #2: The 1st cast date does not necessarily change the rest of the scheduling. In your case, if you set a start date on the 23rd and a schedule on the 8th of each month, then you will have a cast on March 23rd and another one on April 8th.
  • Rule #3: unless you pause leads or unless leads have exhausted content, they receive a content at each cast. Meaning the leads who received content #1 on March 8th will receive content #2 on March 23rd.

-Greg