SOLVED

Re: Changing EP Cadence without Losing Reporting

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing EP Cadence without Losing Reporting

We have an Engagement Program that sends casts every two weeks. We had to pause it for a couple of weeks and now I've been asked to start it again on 11/19. Because the first cast was on 4/29, no cast will go out on 11/19 unless I, effectively, re-set the cadence and change the first cast to from 4/29 to 11/19. I am reluctant to do this because if I do so, I believe I will lose the Engagement Stream reporting for casts that occurred prior to 11/19. Any ideas on how to get the next cast to go on 11/19 (and every 2 weeks thereafter) without losing the prior Engagement Stream reports?

(I know I could use Email Reports instead but there are so many emails in the stream it would be much easier to use Engagement Stream reports).

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Denise,

I do not think you will lose reporting. Reseting the start date is just adding a cast at that start date, nothing more.

Juts make sure that the report setup covers all the periods you want (default is last 7 days).

Greg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Denise,

I do not think you will lose reporting. Reseting the start date is just adding a cast at that start date, nothing more.

Juts make sure that the report setup covers all the periods you want (default is last 7 days).

Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

The reason I think I will lose Engagement Stream reporting is that this was the case when I made the change for another client in the past. It was quite some time ago so things could have changed. If anyone from Marketo is reading this - could you confirm?

Thank you,

Denise

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Denise,

We have recently changed the stream cadence of a whole bunch of streams to change the day of week. This cannot be done without reseting the start date to a future date. We have not lost any reporting data in the engagement stream performance reports.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Greg. I created a test EP and it confirmed your findings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an EP with one stream only.  I added 500 leads to the engagement program, then changed the start date of my cast. Now the campaign shows all the leads are "Exhausted Content" No. 

I created a smart campaign to show the leads who exhausted content and I am getting 0 leads exhausted content,

2 questions:

1. How can I get the reporting back?

2. If I activated the EP, will the leads that got the emails get it one more time?

I checked the leads activity records and it shows Exhausted Content, but the report shows No.

Appreciating your help.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ruba,

You should rather ask your questions as new questions rather than as a comment in a stream. You would have more people seeing them and likely to answer.

I am not sure I understand your issue. If your leads have exhausted content = No, this means that they have not exhausted the content, then it's normal that the smart lists brings no lead.

Also, leads never get the same email twice through an EP, whatever the changes you makes in the cast dates and schedules.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Greg.

It is my first activity in the community. I will definitely take you advise and post a new question next time.

I have one stream only with 3 emails. 200 leads exhausted the content and the stream view was showing the number of exhausted leads in the red banner at the bottom of the stream.

And my report was showing the 200 exhausted leads.

I added 500 leads. And The only change I did to the engagement program was change the cast start date.

Now I get zero exhausted leads on the report. And when I go to the members tab, none if the leads have Exhausted content.

When I go to The activity log of the leads who got the 3 emails, it has the record that they exhausted the content.

How can I make sure those who got the emails will not get them one more time?

Is there a way I can fix the reports?

Thank you,

Ruba

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ruba,

Next time you will run a cast, Marketo will check all the leads against the content. The 200 will not receive the content twice. Then Marketo will mark the leads as "exhausted content" again.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated.

Ruba