Re: Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync – Questions and Discussion

Erica_Harris2
Level 3

Hi Mike Reynolds​,

Greg has posted the discussion link. Just a point re Marketo reaching out to PE customers - our Marketo rep told us we needed to purchase the API but our SFDC rep is telling is this won't work (1-way etc). So either our SFDC rep is spinning us a line, or Marketo need to recommend a workable solution. Rather than me posting this again on the other discussion - please can you cover it in your response once you've done your research? Grégoire Michel​ has made an interesting point on the other discussion that might be the key to all of this.

Thanks -

Erica

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Erica Harris

My apologies, but I need to walk back one of the details I commented about above. I'll edit my post to correct it there.

SFDC only needs that one-way API access. We do not need that two-way API access. All data transfer for the SFDC integration goes through API calls generated from the Marketo side out to SFDC. No API calls are generated from the SFDC side out to Marketo, so you do not need two-way API access, only the one-way calls into SFDC. Sorry for the incorrect info previously. I'll correct my comment and one of our Product Managers is going to comment in your other discussion thread about it.

-Mike

Rebecca_Allen
Level 2

Hello,

I'm trying to recreate the MLM fields in SalesForce but am having a hard time getting the API name to match exactly with the field map in Marketo. For instance, Inferred City's API name is "mkto2__Inferred_City__c" but when recreating the field in SalesForce, I'm not able to save the new Field Name as that API name because of the consecutive underscore at the front (after the mkto2 prefix). So my questions are - Can I add a namespace prefix to custom fields? If not, then how do I get these API names to match up correctly so that the backfill will kick off? Thank you

Rebecca

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Rebecca Allen,

You are not supposed to reenter the field API names as they were with the package.

You should use the new nomenclature instead. See Step 1 of 3: Add Marketo Fields to Salesforce (Enterprise/Unlimited) - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

You Inferred city field should have "mkto71_Inferred_City" as an API name (SFDC will automatically append the __c at the end of it.

-Greg

Rebecca_Allen
Level 2

Got it- Thanks so much for the clarification!

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 4:54 PM, Grégoire Michel <

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Mike,

We're in the process of creating the new fields and we're just working through the effects and what we need to change. To that end, once the MLM package is uninstalled, do the 32 other fields have no impact on our SFDC instance (if we uninstall, would these fields will also be deleted)?

Name

Type

Images

Document Folder

German

Language Translation

French

Language Translation

Marketo Lead Management

Tab

Marketo

App

About Marketo

Tab

marketo logo

Document

1. MarketoTabIcon.png

Document

Finnish

Language Translation

If that is the case, what is the impact on our SFDC? Some of our users use local languages but I'm not sure if that's what the above fields refer to.

Also, one of the 2 tabs shows error page and other one shows blank page. It may be due to these components becoming redundant or some issue with configuration.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Clemence

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Bonjour Clémence,

When you uninstall the package, all the fields that belong to the package will be removed from your SFDC instance. These fields are recognisable through their API names that start with mkto2_ They will be totally discarded from you SFDC instance, including their translations. The unnecessary tabs, the files and other items that were part of the package will also be removed.

But you will only be allowed to deinstall the package if these fields or components are not used elsewhere in SFDC. In order to get the complete list of components that will be removed, go to setup-> Installed Packages, then click the MLM package, and then the "view components" button.

To get a complete overview of where they are being used, in DFDC this is a little complex and the simplest way is to use Eclipse (a developper's tool).

With regards to the new fields, you may need to go to the translation workbench in SFDC to provide translated labels for them.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gregoire - really helpful

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Then mark it as such

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10