SOLVED

Re: Change the fonts in some emails to Calibri.

Go to solution
Dawn_Richcreek
Level 3

Change the fonts in some emails to Calibri.

I need to change the fonts in some of my emails to Calibri. I cannot find how to do this in the Community. I contacted Support and they do not know how to do it. Can anyone tell me how to change the email fonts to Calibri?
Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dawn are you pasting directly from word? Or are you first taking your text into a plaintext editor like Notepad? If you are using Word, that's where your problems are coming from. Do you know the "remove formatting" button? It's on the 2nd row, very last button. It looks like a white eraser. If you select the text, it'll remove all in-line styles, defaulting it back to the template's styles.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would think you need to go into the individual emails and change the font. I don't believe Calibri is generally a web-supported font, so you may need to go into the HTML itself and put in Calibri. I would also put in some alternatives in case the browser/computer doesn't recognize it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dawn,

You will need to put in the HTML code in the email template to get the Calibri font.

Hope this helps!
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Yup go in to your email template, in code mode, look for something that looks like this: font-family: Tahoma,Helvetica; and replace it with Calibri and another font or 2. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

But what the others have hinted at is that Calibri isn't one of the universal fonts. It isn't installed on every computer. Which means it isn't available in the marketo rich text editor as a standard font because it is not guaranteed to display on all browsers. So you can take a choice, 1. use an unsupported font with unpredictability. 2. choose a different font.

As Michelle started you can edit the font-family: in the email template itself. The way that works is that you specify to the computer which fonts you want shown, in order. So if you take her example, font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, serif; you're specifying to the computer, render this in Tahoma, if you don't have Tahoma then use Helvetica, if you don't have either, then just use any serifed font. 

So you'd want to change your font-family: to....

font-family: calibri, verdana, arial, sans-serif;

Then when computers get your email they'll check, do I have calibri, yes/no, if no, do I have verdana, yes/no.. etc.. 

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

@Adam explained it best and thoroughly!  
Dawn_Richcreek
Level 3

Thanks everyone!, Yes Adam this is a great answer!

I opened the HTML Source and this is my code, would you be able to say where I add the fonts?

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
    <title></title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <div>
      <div class="mktEditable" id="edit_text_1"></div>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dawn - right now you have nothing. You have just a shell of an idea of HTML. Unless you did some major deleting, you have no email here. It is literally just an HTML document markup with no content. For more info on HTML > 

I'm not a fan of putting styles in the head as some email browsers strip them out. I know people are using block styles with success, but I find them a bit unpredictable.

So let's say we were making a "full/plain text" email... if I only took the <body></body> it would look like... 

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
    <title></title>
  </head>
<body>
 <div class="mktEditable" id="edit_text_1" width="660">
<p style="
font-family: calibri, verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;color:404040;">
Here's some delicious content you'll be so thrilled to read.
</p>
</div>

</body>

</html>

The font-family goes into a style modifier. a style can be applied to nearly all HTML tags. 
<p style="...  >
<h1 style="...  >
<div style="...  >

For more info on HTML > 
Dawn_Richcreek
Level 3

Hi Adam,

The video is good, thank you.

Yeah the email content is empty because it is a Template, in fact it is called "blank". From within Programs I create a new local asset email and call up that "blank" template.

I added the font family as you showed me and it works great if I simply type into it. However if I copy and paste it turns to Times New Roman.

What i have been doing for the emails that I want to be in calibri, I am going into the individual email, replacing HTML and changing the font family which is quite time consuming.

Is ther a way to make the Template so that it will always be calibri even if I copy and paste into it?

Again thanks for helping!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dawn are you pasting directly from word? Or are you first taking your text into a plaintext editor like Notepad? If you are using Word, that's where your problems are coming from. Do you know the "remove formatting" button? It's on the 2nd row, very last button. It looks like a white eraser. If you select the text, it'll remove all in-line styles, defaulting it back to the template's styles.