Go to solution
浩之_田所1
Level 2

Change program sucess

Hi community!

Can anybody advise me the difference between (as per smart campaign's flow):

- change program status

- change program success

I have never used "change program success" so have no idea when to use this.

Thanks in advance!

Tad

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Change program sucess

Hi Hishori,

Both will add the lead to you program if they are not yet members.

Change program success will impact the "Success" counter. We very seldom use change program success. The very few cases we use it is to correct errors. Especially in the case when you change you member statuses settings and make a member status a success after while you already have leads in that member status.

It is strongly recommended that you use Change Program Status to keep your program member stats in line with what happens. This supposes that you have set the right programs statuses in the admin -> tag -> channel section and have chosen the appropriate channel for your program. When setting a lead to a given member status, if that status is identified as a success (with this pastedImage_2.png mark) the program success will be implicitly and automatically updated.

At any moment, if you add up number of leads that are in a success member status, the total will equal the program success count.

Hope this helps,

Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Hishori,

Both will add the lead to you program if they are not yet members.

Change program success will impact the "Success" counter. We very seldom use change program success. The very few cases we use it is to correct errors. Especially in the case when you change you member statuses settings and make a member status a success after while you already have leads in that member status.

It is strongly recommended that you use Change Program Status to keep your program member stats in line with what happens. This supposes that you have set the right programs statuses in the admin -> tag -> channel section and have chosen the appropriate channel for your program. When setting a lead to a given member status, if that status is identified as a success (with this pastedImage_2.png mark) the program success will be implicitly and automatically updated.

At any moment, if you add up number of leads that are in a success member status, the total will equal the program success count.

Hope this helps,

Greg

浩之_田所1
Level 2

Greg,

Thanks for your quick response!

I could fully understood!

Tad

Lucho_Soto
Level 5

Grégoire I have a question along those lines. Is the program success counter supposed to always match the "success" value in RCE? We removed some leads from program success to correct errors and now there is mismatch between the success counter in the program and RCE (23 vs. 45, respectively)

I was told by Marketo engineering that RCE tracks the "cumulative" number of successes, so it will double-count "success" leads that were removed, then added back to the program as a (later) success.

That doesn't make sense to me, I thought success in the program and RCE were always supposed to match and with no duplicates. Have you run into a similar situation?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Lucho,

I do not know how RCE behaves on this, but I concur that the behavior you describe is really weird and would need to be changed.

Have you entered the idea ?

-Greg