change lead ownership from sfdc nurture queue to sfdc user

Anonymous
Not applicable

change lead ownership from sfdc nurture queue to sfdc user

Question: how do I automate the change of lead ownership from the nurture queue to the appropriate lead owner?

As it stands now, our process is:
  • Sales determines lead isn't sales ready, assigns to nurture queue in sfdc and updates lead status field to "nurture queue"
  • Leads enter nurture program until they reach MQL status again (based on their activity)
  • Once the lead hits MQL again, want to sync to sfdc based on auto assignment rules, however noticing that the lead owner was not being updated - based on my understanding, this is because Marketo does not see queues, only users.
How can I re-assign the lead owner when the current owner is the sfdc nurture queue? (all leads in nurture queue also have a status for "nurture queue") 

Thanks in advance,
--
Ivan
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: change lead ownership from sfdc nurture queue to sfdc user

Marketo can assign leads to queues, and you should be able to re-assign a lead to another queue or user from a queue.  

Your challenge is that lead assignment rules will not re-run again unless you change a data value that is used to trigger lead assignment rules.
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyr1CAC

You can use a change owner step or I believe you can use a trigger in SFDC to re-activate your assignment rules. 
Lynn_Ray_Pardo
Level 5

Re: change lead ownership from sfdc nurture queue to sfdc user

the problem I see is that Marketo doesn't have a choice filter that recognizes lead queue ownership - so you can't reassign a lead with a choice step, e.g., if lead is owned by sales owner first name "is empty", i.e., owned by a lead queue - you can't change its ownership to a person