Champion/Challenger in Engagement Program - Will Lead Receive Email Twice?

Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Champion/Challenger in Engagement Program - Will Lead Receive Email Twice?

In my engagement program, I have an email called "Nurture - Touch 2" that all the leads in the stream has received.

I am looking to move some of those leads into a new test stream that will also include the "Nurture - Touch 2" email.  However, I have added a champion/challenger test to this email asset.

If I transfer leads into the new stream that have previously received "Nurture - Touch 2" in another stream, will they skip that email in the new stream (since they already received it) or will the receive it again (because of the test)? 

To ask this more technically, will the champion/challenger test change the ID of the original email and cause the members to receive the email twice?

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Champion/Challenger in Engagement Program - Will Lead Receive Email Twice?

Hi Valerie,

I am afraid you will have to test in order to know the answer to this one. Keep us posted.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I don't think so because the Asset ID should remain the same. As Greg said, you could test that with another stream and test leads.

You could also just not move leads who received Asset 01 to the new stream.

Carrie_Taylor
Level 2

Hello Valerie -

We are going to be adding some champion/challenger whole email tests to our engagement program as well and I was curious what the outcome of your testing was.  Did you have any members receive the email twice?

Carrie

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

The blog post I wrote gives examples of how to skip content based on some conditions:

Length Matters: Engagement Programs that Don't Finish Too Quickly...

Robb Barrett