Carrying over URL Parameter from one landing page to another landing page

amelo
Level 1

Carrying over URL Parameter from one landing page to another landing page

Hello!  I've created a landing page that we're using to have the prospect "Choose the right solution".  It has a button for each solution that sends the prospect to the appropriate landing page.  We use custom URL parameters (example test.com/splashpage?ls=customparameter) to pass a specific value that we want to capture on the form.  But in this case, the form is only on the page after they click the button.

Is there a way to transfer the parameter to the button URL so that it can be captured on the form on the 2nd landing page? This parameter can be one of 5 values and I want it to be captured on the landing page form submission.  

Here is an example of what I want: I go to test.com/splashpage?ls=customparameter and I click on Button A and it takes me to landing page test.com/landingpageA and I want that url to say est.com/landingpageA?ls=customparameter.

Thank you for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Carrying over URL Parameter from one landing page to another landing page

Pls don't use the privately owned domain "test.com" if you mean a placeholder domain, use "example.com" (that's an actual standardized domain that can never be in private hands).

In this particular case, there's no reason to copy the URL param to the button URL. Just choose AutoFill from Referrer Param on the form. That parses the URL of the previous page.

amelo
Level 1

Thanks for your help.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sure @amelo but please come back to the thread and mark my answer as the Solution.