Re: Capture UTM values in Facebook Lead Ad forms

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Capture UTM values in Facebook Lead Ad forms

Hello,

We are running Facebook ads and using the Facebook lead ad form functionality to capture leads and pass them to Marketo. Is there a way to capture utm values using Facebook lead ad forms? Ideally, we could capture utm source, medium, campaign, term, and content using hidden fields on the facebook form then map those to our Marketo UTM fields. Has anyone done something like this before?

Thanks!

Trevor

5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I think this is a great question to reach out to Facebook directly for an answer. If this is not allowed currently, I guarantee that other Marketers would be interested in this being available as well. Interested to know what others (or facebook) says about this topic.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Thanks, Keith! I agree, I have reached out to Facebook with this question as well and will let you know what I find.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Keith,

I heard from Facebook and they said that they do not support this and that it would violate their Privacy and Security policy.

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Makes sense because UTM values are only valuable when they follow your defined structure. Allowing this would let users track records they are driving to the form which is atypical with social (because you direct people to your website as a marketer, not to your social site).

Tony_Membrino
Level 2

Hi Trevor...curious as to what you did as an alternative? did you later change data values on the record to reflect the UTM values you wanted? We're starting up Facebook lead ad forms soon. Thanks Tony