SOLVED

Captello Integration with Marketo

Go to solution
Karen_Black
Level 5

Captello Integration with Marketo

Looking for anyone who uses Captello and has integrated it with their Marketo instance.  Newbie here, and I do not see any documentation on how to build out the trigger campaign to capture submissions.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Captello Integration with Marketo

Seems pretty straightforward. They upsert the lead and then trigger a campaign, and you can do anything you want in the flow.

That’s not necessarily the way I would do it — generally I prefer the Push Lead to Marketo endpoint, which you can then trigger on with Lead is Pushed to Marketo  — but it has the same effect. You get full control, they just tell you someone was captured.

P.S. The reason you can’t use other triggers like Added to Program or Data Value Changes is those will not fire repeatedly for the same program/value. You need something where even if there were no material changes to the lead, you still get signaled.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Where is the documentation of their Marketo integration? I see a one-page PDF but no details.

Karen_Black
Level 5

Hi Sanford - it is found here: https://leadliaison.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LL/pages/921042958/Adobe+Marketo 

but within it, it does not show how to create the trigger campaign to capture.  I have been told you create any trigger campaign then link - but it just does not make any sense.  That was why I was reaching out to the community to see if anyone else has used this integration.

SanfordWhiteman

Seems pretty straightforward. They upsert the lead and then trigger a campaign, and you can do anything you want in the flow.

That’s not necessarily the way I would do it — generally I prefer the Push Lead to Marketo endpoint, which you can then trigger on with Lead is Pushed to Marketo  — but it has the same effect. You get full control, they just tell you someone was captured.

P.S. The reason you can’t use other triggers like Added to Program or Data Value Changes is those will not fire repeatedly for the same program/value. You need something where even if there were no material changes to the lead, you still get signaled.