SOLVED

Cannot Get Video to Play in New Email 2.0 Templates

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot Get Video to Play in New Email 2.0 Templates

vidsettings.JPGvidinemail.JPGI have been testing the new templates.  I tried to add a video and it seemed very straightforward.   I just tried a youtube link to begin with.  Everything looks fine in Marketo, but when I send the test, the player button is gone and the thumbnail isn't clickable.  Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Re: Cannot Get Video to Play in New Email 2.0 Templates

I don't think it works with Outlook 2010, and possibly others.

If you try it in Gmail or another client, it will probably work as expected.

The takeaway is to not use it. A workaround might be to go to Youtube Thumbnail Generator and just do an image & link.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

I don't think it works with Outlook 2010, and possibly others.

If you try it in Gmail or another client, it will probably work as expected.

The takeaway is to not use it. A workaround might be to go to Youtube Thumbnail Generator and just do an image & link.

Ouida_Linkous
Level 2

Ahh, thanks you Nicholas.  I had not heard this.  We will definitely steer clear and I will share with my team.  Very useful to know.  I appreciate your advice!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks this was very helpful. I have created the thumbnail however I would like the link to appear behind the image so that when you click anywhere the video pays. Can you please advise how to do this as everything i try doesn't appear to work. Thanks

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Hi Alicia,

There are a few variables like what email editor you're using and things like whether whoever designed your template has "locked" the image module etc..

The most compatible method I can think of is that in your email editor, when you're editing the text, you can insert an image:

pastedImage_0.png

Then you can select the image and add a link to your YouTube/Vimeo whatever URL.

pastedImage_1.png

However, as I alluded to above, there may be more efficient ways for you to add images to your content etc.. But the theory is the same, you can make the entire image a link.