We have tried (we think!) everything at this point but cannot figure out why our Marketo and Facebook Leads ads is not connecting and syncing form fills back to marketo.
We are running a Facebook Ads campaign with a lead form for a downloadable asset. If working correctly, the form would trigger a marketo email in a smart campaign the the 'Fills out Facebook Lead Ads Form'. However our form name is not populating there. (Campaign can be activated if the trigger 'contains' the form name but no data is syncing and cannot be activated if the trigger 'is' exactly the form name')
We have run test leads on our Facebook ad and they are not syncing into our database at all.
We have the API set up in launch point under my facebook account, which also is an admin in facebook ads, facebook page, and facebook leads in business settings. Our facebook CRM connection to marketo appears to be working and is also connected in the leads integration section.
Does anyone have any idea what we could be missing? Or what information more is needed?
What is your facebook CRM? and how do you classify if this is working if neither the leads from Facebook is coming into Marketo nor the campaigns triggers based on Facebook Form Lead ads.
Are you able to view the Facebook Pages from within the Marketo integration? and is the ticketbox on the left selected?
When you say "we have run test leads" do you mean via the Facebook Ads interface? If memory serves, you won't see anything in Marketo until a REAL, live person fill in the form.
I know, annoying. It basically means that the automation can't run for the first person (or people) that complete the ad before you are able to actually select that form.
So what you'll need to do is:
1. Set the ad live.
2. Wait until a real person has completed it, then turn it off in Facebook Ads Manager.
3. Find the person in Marketo (they should sync across ok, despite not having a trigger associated with them).
4. Once you find the person and you have confirmed they synced across, go to your trigger and the autocomplete for "Filled Out Facebook Lead Gen Form" should now allow you to select the form.
5. Turn on the smart campaign and then turn the Facebook ad back on.
6. Retrospectively send the person/people the email that they missed before the smart campaign was on.
That might be your issue - fingers crossed!