Re: Can you use modules from several emails to create one email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you use modules from several emails to create one email?

Hey all:

We are creating an email and there are certain modules from emails we like and want to incorporate to make one email. Is that possible?? Please let us know:) Much thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

you can create a Master Email Template with all modules. Not sure about the coding.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

As Josh Hill​ said above you can create a master template.

This is probably going to be tricky unless the same person coded all the emails and used the same type of framework.  Module names, ids, and styles could all conflict plus modules could be in rows in one template and completely separate tables in another.

What I would do is pick your main template and then copy and paste the modules you want one at a time and adjust the code until they work correctly.

This will be tedious though and you will need to understand html and css.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

knak.io

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Brienne,

This is likely a bad idea unless the various source templates have been developed by the same person from the same framework. Otherwise, you will almost certainly bump into code incompatibility which fixing will cost more that a dev from 0 or buying a template from a vendor such as Knak.io.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all. I am by no means a coder- trying, but amateur for sure. We will just keep as is and go from there! I appreciate your responses.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the future, you can always manipulate the existing modules in whatever template you are using.

For example, if there is a text module that is similar to one you need but you need to add an image, you can add the image in the text and even format using grids to keep images and text in the module aligned. Also, you can remove images and delete text boxes by making the area single spaced.

May be known but those are tips I first learned when working with customizing templates.