SOLVED

Can you track who clicked on which link on an email

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you track who clicked on which link on an email

We are sending out an email with 3 url's and I was wondering if Marketo lets you track who clicked on which link?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you track who clicked on which link on an email

Hi Purvika,

You could create three separate smart lists.  Each smart list would have a filter looking for anyone who clicked a link in email X.  You could then add a constraint to the filter and define the link you are looking for.  Each smart list would reference a different link.  Anyone who clicked the defined link would then be included on your smart list.

Hope that helps!

Courtney

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Purvika,

You could create three separate smart lists.  Each smart list would have a filter looking for anyone who clicked a link in email X.  You could then add a constraint to the filter and define the link you are looking for.  Each smart list would reference a different link.  Anyone who clicked the defined link would then be included on your smart list.

Hope that helps!

Courtney

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great idea, thanks! However, I set up a smart list like you described, and it is saying no leads were found. Can this be because I created the smart list after the original campaign was sent? I added a constraint with the time of activity on or before today's date, then tried on or after 8/20/15, and still nothing. I'm certain the link was clicked on because it's a link to download a certificate for continuing education credit. Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured out the issue. The link has spaces in it so I changed the link to "contains" and just included the first part of the link that was unique and it worked. Now I know not to use any files with spaces in the filename. Thanks again!