SOLVED

Can you send Insight emails from the sender and not owner?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you send Insight emails from the sender and not owner?

We are wanting to be able to have a user send an Insight email to a lead/contact from their name (not the account/lead owner's name/email) and not have to change the account owner.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

AnnaBelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Can you send Insight emails from the sender and not owner?

Hi Annabelle,

My understanding is that what you want to do is the stand behavior of sales insight, if you use the send sales email feature.

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Annabelle,

My understanding is that what you want to do is the stand behavior of sales insight, if you use the send sales email feature.

-Greg

Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Hi Annabelle,

Greg is correct, Sales Insight by default will send the email from the user who is logged into SFDC, not the lead or contact owner. I wanted to add that you need to be cautious of using lead owner tokens in SI because they can only pull from the lead/contact owner. Therefore, if you're creating email signatures with tokens, it will only populate correctly if the current logged in user is also the lead/contact owner. Learned this the hard way!

Diederik_Marte4
Level 6

That's correct, it sends, based on the user that's logged in into Salesforce. So don't use lead owner tokes, as that would be weird. Alternatively don't use the insight emails, but request a campaign, which sends the email (but with lead owner tokens). Or you could create a shared/generic user in SFDC (sales@company.com), but that's not recommended for a variety if reasons 😉

6x Marketo Champion | Marketo Certified Solutions Architect (MCSA) | Marketo User Group Leader | International Speaker on Marketing Technology
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Time to reactivate this old idea :

-Greg