Can you merge Anonymous & Known leads?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you merge Anonymous & Known leads?

It is really important to be able to make an anonymous lead a known lead once we get their email address. Sometimes leads call in and we can match them to an anonymous lead record due to the time stamp, company name and location. However, we are forced to create a duplicate lead instead. 

Is there a workaround or a flow that we can create to make an anonymous lead a known lead by adding the email address?
Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you merge Anonymous & Known leads?

You should be able to add an email address to an anonymous lead.

Then when you search for the email in the lead database, both leads will appear.

Highlight both and click merge leads.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually that does not happen. Even after adding the email address to the anonymous record, the search shows only the known lead. Search results do not include the anonymous lead unless you are searching in the anonymous smart list.

Thanks for the suggestion. It totally made sense to me but unfortunately, it did not work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to adding the email address, I think if you just update the revenue stage from anonymous (to whatever), then it should show up during your search.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the Spark version of Marketo so not sure that I can update the revenue stage.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone find a solution to this? We're running into this exact situation and I can't find a solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking to do the same thing. 
Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Was there any solution to this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leads become known in Marketo when they fill out a form or click a link in a Marketo email. If you want to manually connect them, your other option would be to use the Munchkin API using the Associate Lead call: Lead Tracking (Munchkin) » Marketo Developers

Brendan_Gallagh
Level 2

Can you or someone who knows how to do a screenshare video or screenshot explainer on how to do the Associate Lead call. I see it referenced a lot, but have not seen anyone really explain how you would do this.