SOLVED

Can you change the timezone of the system clock?

Go to solution
Troy_Larson
Level 3

Can you change the timezone of the system clock?

Hi there,

Question for the Marketo world out there. So I know that you can change the timezone that the system shows you based on your, unique profile. My question is can you change the overall clock? For example, if my instance stamps a date of an MQL in pacific time, but my SFDC clock is set to GMT - then I think Marketo will stamp and push the time in as Pacific & that could cause some minor confusion because we have 2 competing timezones then. 

So, I was wondering if it was possible to set the Marketo clock to the SFDC clock, so there's only 1 system time zone. Or by setting my profile in Marketo to GMT, will that rectify it? (That way everyone is looking at the same time and wile there are 2 timezones for system clocks by setting the profile view to the same time as my SFDC clock I've basically eliminated the issue). 

Just looking for some thoughts/ideas on this. 

Thanks all,

-Troy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can you change the timezone of the system clock?

Times are always stored as UTC. Timezones are used to compute the stored value and to display the stored value, but you don't need to worry about the zone being embedded within the value itself.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can you change the timezone of the system clock?

Times are always stored as UTC. Timezones are used to compute the stored value and to display the stored value, but you don't need to worry about the zone being embedded within the value itself.