SOLVED

Can you change data values in a SFDC opportunity via a flow step?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you change data values in a SFDC opportunity via a flow step?

Hi all. I am trying to better understand how Marketo is able to change data values in an opportunity (if at all). 

I understand from the following article (https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KytE&src=comm) that Marketo can use opportunity data from SFDC for filters and triggers in smart lists. 

But is it possible to create/update opportunities in the flow section? 

For example, create a new opportunity, update a custom field on a particular opportunity, change the stage of an opportunity, etc. 

I don't see our opportunity fields availble in the drop down list under the "Change Data Value" flow step, which leads me to feel that this is likely not possible 😞

Any ideas how? 

Thanks, 

Justin
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you change data values in a SFDC opportunity via a flow step?

Justin,

Marketo can only Read Opportunities. It has no permissions to modify Opps, even if the Marketo User in SFDC can do so. This is largely to prevent massive errors, etc from using automation to change revenue affecting objects.

What you could do is setup custom lead/contact fields which will help trigger SFDC triggers which can modify Opps. That could work with Marketo or just within SFDC.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Justin,

Marketo can only Read Opportunities. It has no permissions to modify Opps, even if the Marketo User in SFDC can do so. This is largely to prevent massive errors, etc from using automation to change revenue affecting objects.

What you could do is setup custom lead/contact fields which will help trigger SFDC triggers which can modify Opps. That could work with Marketo or just within SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh, 

Great -- that seems like a sensible work-around. 

Also do you know if the read-only restriction applies to custom Salesforce objects as well, or could the change data value flow step be used to modify custom objects? 

Thanks, 

Justin