Re: Can you block SFDC Sync on certain fields?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you block SFDC Sync on certain fields?

Is it possible to block certain fields in a landing page from syncing with SFDC for certain landing pages? I know you can do it on the Field management option, but this will affect all forms. I would like to do it only for certain pages/forms.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bobby,

You can't control this on the Marketo side but I can think of an idea that might work that would involved configuration on the SFDC side.

There are a few requirements.

1. Create a new field (FieldA) in SFDC and make sure the Marketo user has access to it so that it will be created in Marketo also. A normal text field or a checkbox field should be fine.
2. Add this field as a hidden field to the forms on the landing pages that you wish to block and give it a default value. If you create a checkbox let's say the default value is true.
3. Create a validation rule on the lead/contact object in SFDC so that if the new field = true it will throw an error and prevent the record from updating.

Having said that there are further considerations that need to be taken when decide if this is a good idea. Let's say you put the above solution into place and I fill out one of these forms the value for FieldA is set to true and it will stay as true until it is modified meaning that my record will fail to be updated in SFDC until the value for FieldA goes to false.

Maybe you would be better off creating Marketo only fields and seperate forms for these specific landing pages?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cathal! I may create different fields instead and just decide later if we sync the info to SFDC or not. Thanks again!
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

To add to Cathal's suggestion: if you create Marketo-only fields, you could create a Smart Campaign that copies the values in those fields to the fields that are synced with SFDC, but only under certain conditions. You can create the rules in your Smart Campaign. You would use a Change Data Value flow step, e.g.: 
Change Data Value, attribute = "Field XYZ in SFDC", new value ="{{lead.marketo only field}}"

Hope that helps, 
Jep