SOLVED

Re: Can you add an attachment to a Sales Insight email?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you add an attachment to a Sales Insight email?

Hi -

My sales team wants to know if it's possible to add an attachment to an email sent through Sales Insight (on Salesforce).  Does anyone happen to know if that can be done - and, if so, how?  

Thank you!

Jennifer

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the contents of the attachment?

Would you consider uploading the content to Marketo, linking it on a landing page and then adding the link to this landing page in the template that your sales people will use?

This way you can track who actually visit the content (what would be opening the attachment).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Hey Jennifer,

I'm pretty sure you can't use attachments when sending through MSI in SFDC. This is one reason my sales team likes using the Outlook add-in. When they send through SFDC, I encourage them to find the collatorel, etc on our site and link it so they take full advantage of the clicks tracking.

Hope this helps!
Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the contents of the attachment?

Would you consider uploading the content to Marketo, linking it on a landing page and then adding the link to this landing page in the template that your sales people will use?

This way you can track who actually visit the content (what would be opening the attachment).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both!  

We do have the plug-in as back up, but I love the idea of doing the upload/hyperlink - I think that will work for this.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Technically, you don't even need to create a landing page. You can upload the document and then use the marketo file link in the email.  Either way you do it, the link method is great. It will allow you to see if people access the content (great for reporting) while an outlook plug-in attachment would not.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Joe - I was thinking exactly that.  It will be a lot easier on my sales team, too - which makes it more likely they'll get in the habit of using SI.