SOLVED

Can we use the SOAP API's getMultipleLeads to return a Smart List?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we use the SOAP API's getMultipleLeads to return a Smart List?

Hi

We need to get some basic counts out of the Marketo database for a website UI.

We have records with a custom field "X" and ideally we'd just get those records back, but I can't see any way to query a field using getMultipleLeads, and there only seem to be a couple of "Ideas" posted here in the community along those lines.

So I tried making a "Smart List" thinking I might be able to target it using a StaticListSelector - is this possible?

If that is possible, might someone have an example of doing it in PHP?  I've tried all sorts of permutations for defining the leadSelector and can't get any result.

Thank you

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can we use the SOAP API's getMultipleLeads to return a Smart List?

getMultipleLeads only supports static lists. This is mostly because Smart Lists aren't pre-calculated, and getting the total members at runtime of the API call could be too long.

One option is to use a Smart Campaign to create a static list. You could also use the scheduleCampaign call to programatically run that Smart Campaign.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

getMultipleLeads only supports static lists. This is mostly because Smart Lists aren't pre-calculated, and getting the total members at runtime of the API call could be too long.

One option is to use a Smart Campaign to create a static list. You could also use the scheduleCampaign call to programatically run that Smart Campaign.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn;t realize this, very nice

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same questions myself!