SOLVED

Can we hault A/B test in an email send program once it has started?

Go to solution
Jamie_Barclay
Level 5

Can we hault A/B test in an email send program once it has started?

We launched an A/B subject line test (email send program) on Friday - we may want to stop it from automatically deploying the winner.  Is there a way to do this?  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Re: Can we hault A/B test in an email send program once it has started?

Hi Melody,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with one of our Support Engineers this morning. I've found the records of your cases from your calls and wanted to make sure you got the right answer.

It looks like on the most recent call, our Support Engineer was able to correct the wrong information, noting, "as long as the A/B test remains unapproved, it should not send out a winner tomorrow morning. In order to expedite the send, you will need to recreate a batch campaign with the same filters and then also include a Was Not Sent Email filter looking for the test asset. The name of that email will be something like Program Name.Subject Line Test, for reference." I hope that answers your questions but if not, please let us know.

Thanks

Mike

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jamie_Barclay
Level 5

Just realized that I can unapproved the whole program in case we need to stop it 🙂

pastedImage_0.png

Melody_Frieda1
Level 2

Jamie Barclay​ -- When you unapproved the program, what happened? I want to do the same thing, but when I called Marketo Support right now, they literally told me they don't know what will happen if I unapprove the  program. When I asked if unapproving the program will stop the remainder of the list from receiving the subject line winner tomorrow, the response was "we're unsure. Things are set up in the background to send to the winner, so they may or may not receive the email again on Saturday if you send it to the remainder of the list today".

Any insight into this would be much appreciated!

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Hi Melody,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with one of our Support Engineers this morning. I've found the records of your cases from your calls and wanted to make sure you got the right answer.

It looks like on the most recent call, our Support Engineer was able to correct the wrong information, noting, "as long as the A/B test remains unapproved, it should not send out a winner tomorrow morning. In order to expedite the send, you will need to recreate a batch campaign with the same filters and then also include a Was Not Sent Email filter looking for the test asset. The name of that email will be something like Program Name.Subject Line Test, for reference." I hope that answers your questions but if not, please let us know.

Thanks

Mike