Re: Can this form be built using Marketo Forms? How?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can this form be built using Marketo Forms? How?

I'm trying to rebuild this form in Marketo, and I'm already a bit stumped. I know how to create simple text field forms, no prob, but not sure about this. Anyone out there willing to help a newcomer out with some guidance?

See http://info.casthighlight.com/rs/castsoftware/images/form.PNG

Thanks 
David
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David,

This doesn't look to be a problem. Where are you getting stumped? Radio buttons and checkboxes?

If that's the case, you should take a look at this article from Marketo which talks about how to Define Values in a Checkbox, Radio, or Select Field in a Form. It should guide you through how to set those input fields up in your form.

Be aware too, you'll have to build some custom fields to accommodate for the values in those radio buttons, as well as for the checkboxes prior to the Submit button. Additionally, those fields should be built in your CRM for proper synchronization/tracking.

Hopefully that's helpful to you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

David,

It looks to me like the form you have can be greatly simplified into just two fields:

Subscription Plan:
  • Department
  • Mid-Size
  • Corporate
Subscription Length:
  • 1 Month
  • 12 Months
  • 24 Months
  • 36 Months

And then just keep the same contacts fields.

It's different than what you have today, but less confusing in my opinion.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I like Grant's idea, especially since you can do a two column form much more easily than a three column into two columns form! Also, you can make the subscription plan and length fields required which wouldn't be possible in the other form since they aren't necessarily selecting all of the types of subscriptions. Great suggestion, Grant
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. 

I've started building the form. You can see the preview here: http://info.casthighlight.com/rs/castsoftware/images/1.PNG

I have a number of other questions. Any ideas?

- Can I tell Marketo which fields are required but instead of showing asterisks, don't show them but add rich text that says All Fields Are Required Unless Noted Otherwise (and indicate the last checkbox is optional, right now it has an asterisk but that's a mistake)
- Or if I have to keep the asterisks, in the first two fields, how do I move the asterisk next to the field label?
- How do I arrange the first two fields side by side, and move the field values and radio buttons underneath the field labels?
- In the text next to the first checkbox, how do i add a link in the text to a landing page on our site?
-How do I move the field labels on top of each cell in the Billing Info, change the fill color of the form and the outline color of individual cells. Does all this require custom CSS? We want our form to look something like this: http://info.casthighlight.com/rs/castsoftware/images/2.PNG

Thanks,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if it's customary to bump a post but I'm going to give it a shot. Any help on these questions? Thanks in advance.

David
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to figure out most of this with help from Support.  I have just a few hiccups to fix but I'll post separately about those.