Re: Can text be hyperlinked to forward an email?

Megan_Rublee
Level 2

Can text be hyperlinked to forward an email?

Hi Marketo Community,

I am reaching out to see if there is a way to hyperlink text within an email so that when it is clicked it will allow the end user to forward the email. Is this possible? I work for a highly regulated company, so the forward to a friend functionality within Marketo is not an option here.

Thanks in advance!

-Megan

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I don't understand what you want the user experience to be.

You can link text to a site through which the person can forward the clicked email. But this is exactly the same concept as F2F.  If you can't use a forwarding page, what can you use?

Megan_Rublee
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

Thanks for your reply! The experience would be:

1. Customer receives email
  2. Customer clicks hyperlinked text that reads "Share this email" 
  3. New email window opens with a blank "To" field and the subject line prefilled with "FW" in the front.

Essentially, I want the customer to select the hyperlinked text and the same screen that appears when you select "Forward" from your email account appears with our email content below the divider line:

pastedImage_1.png

I'm not sure if it is possible to provide this experience, so that is why I am reaching out.

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Impossible. You can't control the local forwarding function. Closest you could get is a mailto: link with part of the body, the subject with a fake FW: prefix, and an empty To:.