Re: Can't retrieve some field values via getMultipleLeads SOAP API call

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't retrieve some field values via getMultipleLeads SOAP API call

I can see the following fields when I do a manual CSV export from the Marketo UI but can't access these fields via the getMultipleLeads() SOAP API call even if I include them in the <includeAttributes> section of the SOAP request:

1) Created At

2) Marketo SFDC ID

3) Marketo Unique Code

4) SFDC Type

5) Updated At

6) Urgency

7) Priority

8) Sales Created Date (Custom field)

I went to Admin..Field Management section in the Marketo UI and clicked on "Export Field Names" to get an Excel spreadsheet (Fields.xls) containing REST API field names, SOAP API field names, and friendly label names for all fields for this customer.  According to this spreadsheet, there are no SOAP API field names for the above fields.

Is there an alternative way I can get access to the values in these fields via the getMultipleLeads() call?  One idea might be to map these fields to a set of custom fields in Marketo and then create a rule that populates the custom fields when the value in these source fields changes?  Can anyone provide me more info on how to do that?

Also, if I go this route, the new custom fields will only get populated for records when the source fields' value changes.  How can I get the new custom fields populated for older, unchanged records?

Thanks all for your help on this!

Regards,

Nisheeth

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't retrieve some field values via getMultipleLeads SOAP API call

"According to this spreadsheet, there are no SOAP API field names for the above fields."
Most likely these fields are not accesible via the API. But I will let somebody else comment on that. 

"One idea might be to map these fields to a set of custom fields in Marketo and then create a rule that populates the custom fields when the value in these source fields changes?" 

That approach makes sense. 

1.Here's the help article on creating a custom field:

2. Here's the help article on data value of the field using value of another field:

"How can I get the new custom fields populated for older, unchanged records?"

Set up a campaign that includes all leads, and include a flow step to update field. Here's help article on setting up a flow step:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LBe5CAG