Re: Can't replace a zip file with another zip file!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't replace a zip file with another zip file!

I'm trying to replace a zip file in Marketo with a new version. The replace function has worked with all my other zip files, except this one. I keep getting an error saying that the file I'm uploading isn't the same file type, but they're both zip files! Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Emily

0EM50000000PrT2.jpg
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The way a zip or PDF file is created can create a sublte difference in the file type even though the extension is the same.  Unforturnately, Marketo is sensitive to this difference and prevents the replacement.  If you can create the replacement file the same way you created the original, you should be able to replace it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I figured. Unfortunately, the person who created that file doesn't work here anymore. It wasn't an issue with the other files he created. Do you have any suggestions on a different way to create a zip folder?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like the original zip file was creted with an application like WinZip, but the replacement file was created using Windows built-in zip compression.(using Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder from the menu displayed when you right click the file).  You sould be able to download a free zip utility like WinZip and create the appropriate zip type.  In Windows, you can right click a zip file and choose Properties from the menu to see the Type of file.

0EM50000000PrT7.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help! You're right, I did create the initial zip file by right-clicking in Explorer. I took your advice and downloaded winzip and created the file in that. It appears as a winzip file in Explorer, but when I upload it I get the same error! Curses!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just created a new zip file with WinZip and uploaded it to Marketo and its Type was "application/zip".  What steps did you use to compress the file and create a zip file?