Re: Can't modify a landing page out of an imported template

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't modify a landing page out of an imported template

If i copy the HTML code when i create a new Landing page template OR if i create a new Landing Page Template by importing a page crated with a HTML Editor outside of Marketo, the system doesn't allow me to modify the landing page while in Marketing Activities: i cannot add text or image or other elements.
Do you know why this happens?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Simona!

We use a bunch of templates that were created outside of Marketo. In your HTML do you have the class="mktEditable" coding? You have to have this tag for every section you want editable and it should work. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Nicole.
At first Marketo warned the error that not all the sections were mktEditable, so i checked back and added the class to all sections.
Now i don't get the error no more, but still cannot add any text or image or video to my landing page....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out this article: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz3bCAC this walks you though on setting up the tags correctly. Double check this. I worked with our HTML guy on this for a quite a bit to make it work. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Nicole
Anonymous
Not applicable

The article clearly reports that the HTML code for email templates is different from the landing page code, so this doesn't solve my problem, unfortunately.
Maybe that i can use the "validation" function just to test code, but i guess it will be reporting errors for emailin html code, and that may be not useful for testing a landing page code.

regards
Simona