Can't clone emails inside programs with new release?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't clone emails inside programs with new release?

I'm creating a big nurturing program that will send out multiple items of content.  Each piece of content needs an email and a campaign.  I tried cloning an email this morning to go into the same program folder, and Marketo will no longer give me the option to choose the same/different program when cloning my email, only to choose between the Design Studio and Marketing Activities, then after choosing Marketing Activities, I have to choose a folder, but it appears I can't choose a folder within any program.  This is a disaster for me.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Erica
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Re: Can't clone emails inside programs with new release?

Hi Erica,

I have just tried and this is working fine on my end.

Maybe you could just log off and log in again?

0EM50000000QaI3.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was happening to me too!  I opened a ticket with support.  It turns out that when you first click on the landing page, the URL doesn't always change to the landing page URL.  When this happens, the clone window opens, but you can't select a folder.  Feels a little buggy.

If you triple click on the landing page and make sure the LP URL shows up in your window before selecting selecting clone, the folder dropdown should populate.  At least that's what I found.

Best
-Jamie
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, none of these makes any difference.  I'll need to open a ticket too.  I click the email, select clone (either from a right click or from the menu pulldown) and get the new blue dialog.  In Clone To I get Design Studio or Marketing Activities and if I select Marketing Activities, I can't find the folder in my program in the list.  If I type it in, Marketo blanks it out.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Erica I too was unable to clone an email into the same program in a folder under that program.

I ended up choosing clone to folder and low and behold in the folder list was the name of my program.  I then had to drag it into the subfolder in my program.  Seems like a bug
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree.  I raised it with support but was told that this was all by design due to feedback from customers!  I find this hard to believe.  What they really need is a way to drill down when selecting the folder, so that you can expand from Marketing Activities, choose folder/program, choose folder/program etc. until you get to the one you want.  Most explorer-type interfaces allow you to do that.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't clone anything, period.