Can I track net new leads via Google Analytics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I track net new leads via Google Analytics

We have Google Analytics (GA) setup with our Matketo Forms so whenever a form is completed we mark it as a goal completion in GA.

Another important goal for us is not just form completions, but to identify in GA how many new leads we are creating by source. So, my question is:

Has anyone setup GA and Marketo so that GA can report on net new lead additions (as well as form completions)?

An example might be:

GA reports 12 goal completions for our new handbook landing page as 12 people downloaded it

Of the 12, 4 were net new leads (not already in our Marketo DB). GA also reports these are a separate goal.

Thanks,

Lee

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can I track net new leads via Google Analytics

Hi Lee,

You may want to give a look to Courtney Grimes​ excellent article : Integrating Google Analytics with Marketo

If you set it up as she explains and add a Lead ID dimension it should do the trick.

-Greg

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Re: Can I track net new leads via Google Analytics

Hi Lee,

There are a couple of different ways you could tackle this, depending on how you have things set up—you could fire an event if someone fills out the form without anything defined in mktoPreFillFields (the lazy method) or have another predefined variable to check against (i.e., the user IDs that I recommend in the article Greg linked.)

I really do need to write a follow-up that covers some of these recurring questions on the community; I've just been busy lately. 😕