SOLVED

Re: Can I require a certain field value in order for someone to submit a Marketo Form?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I require a certain field value in order for someone to submit a Marketo Form?

We are placing a form on a non Marketo landing page (our website) and we are looking to put a question on our form like "What Year Is It" that the client would have to fill out correctly in order to be able to submit the form to prevent spam.  

I know how to make fields required, but I have no idea as to how and make predetermined field values (like 2014) required in order to submit.....any thoughts?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Can I require a certain field value in order for someone to submit a Marketo Form?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Bryant, this might also help: Custom Validation on Marketo Forms
Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Unfortunately this doc is no longer available

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Bummer. Maybe Liz Courter​ or Liz Courter​ can fix it?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I now type "liz os" and she pops to the top of the list!

Calvin_Lam
Level 4

Since you are using Forms 2, the previous articles discussed here may not apply.

You can use the onVaidate event to do your custom logic.  See http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/websites/forms-2-0/ for more details.

Here is an article that may also be helpful - https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PpA9AAK

Jamie-Carey
Level 6

Hey Geoff, you could also have a hidden field on your form that is named something random and if it gets filled out (by a robot) then you would have a campaign that triggers to mark them as junk or delete them.