SOLVED

Re: Can I clone an event but change the type? (From Roadshow to Webinar)

Go to solution
Parker_Pearson
Level 2

Can I clone an event but change the type? (From Roadshow to Webinar)

I have a roadshow event coming up.  Campaign is all built out with the resources and branding appropriate for it.  I'm going to run a webinar on the same topic afterwards for those people who cannot get to the in person event.  I'd like to clone the Roadshow campaign and be able to change it from Roadshow to Webinar.  Is that possible in Marketo Spark?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_Desrosie2
Level 4

Hi Parker,

Doing the following should fix this:

1- Update smart campaigns by removing every Flow steps that has a "Change program status" action

2- Go back to program and update the program channel for Webinar

3- Refresh your browser.

You should now have the ability to access "Event settings" ad add connect your webinar vendor.

Don't forget to put your progression status Flow steps back in the campaigns.  

Hope this helps,

David

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
David_Desrosie2
Level 4

Unfortunately not, regardless of your Marketo edition, cloning a program will keep the original program type. It's also impossible to change the program type once it's created.

Parker_Pearson
Level 2

Here's a weird thing:  I tried and actually got it to clone, as long as I removed campaign steps that involved changing status within a campaign.  However, I can now neither delete the cloned campaign, nor can I connect it to recognize Webex as my event delivery partner.  Boo....

David_Desrosie2
Level 4

Hi Parker,

Doing the following should fix this:

1- Update smart campaigns by removing every Flow steps that has a "Change program status" action

2- Go back to program and update the program channel for Webinar

3- Refresh your browser.

You should now have the ability to access "Event settings" ad add connect your webinar vendor.

Don't forget to put your progression status Flow steps back in the campaigns.  

Hope this helps,

David

David_Desrosie2
Level 4

I just noticed that we may be mixing program type (default, event, engagement, etc.) and program channels.  If you're referring to channels, yes you can change the channel as long as you do not have members in the program yet, and as you mentioned - as long as program status flow steps are not in use in any smartcampaign.

Simply access your cloned program and select the "channel" as shown below.

Note that this will only work if the program type of the original program is compatible with the channel of the new program - which should be the case for Roadshow and Webinars (both Event program type).

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 11.29.59 AM.png