SOLVED

Can I block SFDC Campaign Sync by member status for large email sends?

Go to solution
HallNathan89
Level 1

Can I block SFDC Campaign Sync by member status for large email sends?

When using Salesforce Campaign Sync, is it possible to have program members not be added to SFDC campaigns until they reach a certain member status?

For example:
Imagine an email program with program/campaign member statuses that are something like "Sent", "Opened", "Unsubscribed", "Clicked", "Filled out form".
The email is being sent to 50k people, and as soon as it's sent they will be added to the program and have their member status changed to "Sent". If I don't want all 50k of them in the SFDC campaign, is it possible to still use the Campaign Sync, but only add members to the SFDC campaign who have a status other than "Sent"?

I realize that another option would be to turn off the Campaign Sync for the campaign and have people added to the campaign using a smart campaign and a "Add to SFDC Campaign" flow step, but I like the ease and overall cleanliness of the campaign sync.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can I block SFDC Campaign Sync by member status for large email sends?

I’m a big fan of the Campaign Sync myself (unlike some of my peers) but unfortunately no, you’d have to fall back to flow steps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I’m a big fan of the Campaign Sync myself (unlike some of my peers) but unfortunately no, you’d have to fall back to flow steps.

HallNathan89
Level 1

Darn, I was hopeful. Thanks for your reply, @SanfordWhiteman! Your responses in particular have been a huge help to me in some of the more technical areas of Marketo, so I really appreciate your time and knowledge on the matter.