SOLVED

Re: Can I add scoring for all of a certain post type?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I add scoring for all of a certain post type?

We use both demographic and behavioral scoring. Within behavioral we have different pages that are worth different amounts of points. For example, some of our key pages are worth more while our blog posts, for example, are worth very little.

Currently I add each and every blog post URL to the scoring campaign that corresponds to these "lower value pages" but I'm wondering if there's a better way. Is there a way I can tell Marketo to give +5 points to anyone who visits any page that starts with ourcomapany.com/blog for example, since all of our blog posts are set up with the /blog/nameofpost URL structure. Or +20 for those who visit ourcompany.com/webinars/ to get ALL of the webinar URLs that start with that /webinar structure.

Thanks for any help!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Caryl_Mostacho
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Hi Allison,

Perhaps another idea would be to identify your High Value pages - those that you want to give more points.  And create the filters as you mentioned Web page CONTAINS "ourcompany.com/webinars/" to assign points.

For your low value pages you can create a filter that does NOT CONTAINS your high value web pages and assign those the lower points. I think it will be easier for you to manage your high value pages then your low value pages.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Allison,

You could change your smart list criteria on the scoring campaign for "lower value pages" from visits web page IS to visit web page CONTAINS.  Instead of having each specific URL for each blog post, you could instead say visits webpage CONTAINS ourcomapany.com/blog.  This same solution would work for your high value pages as well.  You will just want to make sure they are mutually exclusive to prevent over scoring.  If you'd prefer, STARTS WITH is also an option.

Thank you,

Courtney

Caryl_Mostacho
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Hi Allison,

Perhaps another idea would be to identify your High Value pages - those that you want to give more points.  And create the filters as you mentioned Web page CONTAINS "ourcompany.com/webinars/" to assign points.

For your low value pages you can create a filter that does NOT CONTAINS your high value web pages and assign those the lower points. I think it will be easier for you to manage your high value pages then your low value pages.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Courtney and Caryl -- these are both excellent ideas and I will give them a try! This will make the process much less manual - and make me less prone to forgetting to add a page. Thanks so much for responding!