SOLVED

Re: Can help me with a LinkedIn problem I am having

Go to solution
Dawn_Richcreek
Level 3

Can help me with a LinkedIn problem I am having

I am hoping someone can help me with a LinkedIn problem I am having.

I would like to share an update on our company LinkedIn page which includes an image, copy on top and copy on the right of the image. I have seen numerous businesses do this, in fact you are doing it on your own LinkedIn page. However when I try to share an update the image will not show up. I have added og tags and it still will not show. If I share it on my personal linked in from the share button it shows just fine, but you can only share like that in personal LinkedIn and not company LinkedIn. Here is the link I am trying to copying and pasting into my company LinkedIn in share an update field and only text shows, can you tell me what I am doing wrong and what I need to do? http://learn.condusiv.com/HancockCaseStudyLinkedInpilot.html

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Dawn
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've had the same issue. Please note that LinkedIn caches. So even when you made all changes to your page, and it's now perfect, it will take up to a week before LinkedIn will re-cache it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've had the same issue. Please note that LinkedIn caches. So even when you made all changes to your page, and it's now perfect, it will take up to a week before LinkedIn will re-cache it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you check that you're properly using your heading tags? I've had problems when my users make a page, but use paragraph size 30 for the header instead of heading 1. 
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Dawn,

LinkedIn has strict sizing guidelines for canonical images in shared pages, and the image you're using is too large to register for the share capability.  You can read the guidelines here: http://developer.linkedin.com/documents/setting-display-tags-shares
Dawn_Richcreek
Level 3

Thank you all I really appreciate it as I was pullign out my hair, it finally worked!!! Looks like Diederik was right and it just needed time to be picked up or something.