Can engagement campaigns link to multiple SFDC campaigns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can engagement campaigns link to multiple SFDC campaigns

Hi,

We're not experts on Marketo and we're currently trying to work out the best way to link 1 single nurture/ engagement program to multiple SFDC campaigns and not sure the best way of achieving this.

Whilst Marketo we're fine to manage this in a single program, from a SFDC we need each individual email send within the program to sync to a separate SFDC campaign. Otherwise at a SFDC campaign level, the member statuses overwrite from the most recent action.

Can anyone help with suggestions as to the best way to achieve this or if its not possible?

thanks

gill

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Can engagement campaigns link to multiple SFDC campaigns

Hi Gillian,

This question belongs to Products . Please move it there. Marketing Central is for generic marketing questions

You cannot map a Marketo program with more than one SFDC campaign. So, no, your engagement program cannot be mapped to multiple SFDC campaigns.

BUT, content in an engagement programs can be sub (or nested) programs. And these nested programs can be mapped with an SFDC campaign.

So if you replace you emails with nested programs, then you will be able to achieve what you want.

See here how to proceed: Adding a Program to an Engagement Program Stream - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gillian Huson​,

Like Gregoire said, you can add new default programs nested in your Engagement Program and from those individual default programs you can create different SFDC campaigns. 

Or you can also create default programs with rules that would pass this info into the default program.  I call them Support Programs.

pastedImage_1.png

This is one example of the things that I do.

I can push SFDC campaigns for each default program and I can also change program statuses for opens and clicks on this separate nested programs - using my email channel that has a different statuses to my Nurture program.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_5.png

Hope this helps!

Chelsea_Kiko
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

I used to do the same thing that Karina is discussing - this way you can track separately and also be able to push to multiple SFDC if needed to give accurate reporting to those who are involved. If you need help on set up, please let me know but it looks like Karina did a good job with the screenshots.